Thursday 3 October 2013

A New (very old) Chair...

Well here she is, poor old thing! It may not look like much of a good buy, but I reckon with a lot of tlc it will look as good as new, or perhaps better. I think it was an absolute bargain! It is signed "Labofa", which is a Danish company. According to their website they started producing office chairs in 1955, and still do to this day. I'm not sure how old this one is, but at a guess I'd say 60s or 70s. The upholstery's pretty knackered, but everything else is in good working order. I love the wheely bits, they remind me of little feet!

Today I bought some new foam for the seat and back, and dug through my extensive fabric stash looking for suitable upholstery fabrics. And according to everyone I have asked, (admittedly only my immediate family) the fabric I have chosen is completely unsuitable. Not in weight, durability, or texture, but because it has stripes.

Still what do they know? It's my chair, and I'll cover it in whatever I like.

Now where's that socket set....

No comments:

Post a Comment