Wednesday 23 October 2013

Redlands School Mural III

Just a quick update on the mural I'm doing for Redlands School: I haven't had a huge amount of time in the last couple of weeks to work on it, the weather has been a bit more autumnal, and I can't really paint in the rain. Also I went to visit Drapers-Mills school in Margate last week, to talk to the kids about my books. It was a fantastic trip, the children were lovely - but I've had a lot of catching up to do, what with trying to move my studio etc...


You can see faint chalk outlines where I am going to add in more little fish and details, there will be more of these appearing soon as I finish the main creatures and move on to the finer details.




I added in some more pink and purples, and started on the greens, I think the greens really add a lot more depth. I am pleased with how it looks so far, it is just a bit frustrating when I want to crack on but the weather has other ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment